Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Lost Seafood place

What happens when you try to be smart? You end up being sesat... I was supposed to meet with 2 friends for dinner yesterday night at the Paya Terubong seafood restaurant at 7.30pm. So anyway, just before 7.30pm, my bf and I reached that place and I was SO sure it was the restaurant with the signboard: Paya Terubong seafood restaurant. I was positive we went there before... so we went in and waited, and waited and ordered some drinks. Then I started sending out sms to my friends who were late. Apparently they're nearby, WALKING towards the restaurant. So ok, we waited again.. still no sign of them! Then one of them called me and said, "Eh, I ask you one very good question ar... where are you now?". And I excitedly exclaimed, "Paya Terubong Seafood Restaurant mar!!". Apparently, there were TWO restaurants nearby, at different shop lots. The second one was named "Terubong seafood centre". How confusing... Well, we had to finish up the drinks quickly and walked over to the next place. Sheesshhh sesatnya...

Back to the dinner... food was not that great. The place was famous for ikan bakar, or in hokkien it's called 'peng hu'. It might be the same reason my throat is feeling a bit sore today.. :( Well, we ordered one peng hu, lady's fingers, fried sotong, fried beancurd and stirfry snails! Yes, the type where you need to suuuccckkk it all the way until the idiot comes out. :P As you can see, most of the food were fried... the fried seafood beancurd was so lousy. For someone who LOVES taufu, this is really a bad experience. The other fried sotong was more of eating flour than sotong! It was like an empty shell... yuck! The peng hu was OK and so was the lady's fingers. Basically these were the 2 that made my dinner worthy. For the 4 of us with 5 dishes, it cost almost RM17 per person. Hmmm.. not too expensive, but I'm very sure I would have got nicer food with the same amount of price. ;)

Yay, tonight I'm watching Shrek 3! I was so surprised my Saucer got the tickets secretly without my knowledge.. and yesterday he just passed them to me. It was meant to be a surprise, a sweet one, I must say. :) He doesn't like to watch cartoons/animation in the cinema, thinking it's not that worthwhile, but he went to buy the tickets just for ME.. a shrek fan. :) Will write again after I watch the movie... :)

No comments: