Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lemonades

It's been a long time since I've felt this way. After months of scouring books and attending lectures, the final exams are over. I don't need to touch a book anymore for at least 6 weeks. 6 weeks of bliss. After weeks of balancing work and study (no play!) I now can balance work and play - no more a dull girl! It is a feeling I experienced so long ago that it seems unfamiliar to me right now.

I have been looking forward to this day for a good few months now. It has finally come. It makes me realize time really flies when you're busy and preoccupied. I envisaged this moment to be far far away just months ago, and tadaaa... now it is just right in front of my eyes. I can finally look forward to Friday nights and Saturdays. I can finally watch my favourite series during weeknights. I can finally continue reading Cecelia Ahern's book that was left unattended since Christmas. Then there is my iPod that I have neglected as well. And my laptop that I'm supposed to clean up and copy over to an external hard disk so that I can pass it to my dad. My list goes on and on... It is amazing how I can actually procrastinate all these things just because I'm busy with work and study.

And to add cream to this sweet cake, I am going for a trip! Lots of planning and information searching beforehand that make this trip very special. I definitely am excited and look forward to it. But I am also worried at the same time that I'm putting too much hopes into it. I am worried of getting disappointed in the end. I'm worried that plans will not go my way and my efforts are down the drain. I know, we should be optimistic. If life gives me lemons, I'll make lemonades! :)

I shall now learn to love lemonades.

No comments: