Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hypocrisy

I was burning with emotions when it happened. Precisely, right at the point of time when he denied it. In all my life, never have I had to deal with two-faced people first hand. It was always stories I heard from friends or cousins, of which I silently counted my blessings for not having to experience that myself. But now, it has happened, not once but twice, in the same day, from the same idiot. It appalls me that someone could be capable of such lies, such atrocity. "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you", the Golden Rule that we used to learn time and again in university. Alas, the world is not fair.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yellow? *hugzzzz*

CY said...

welcome to the real world!

however, hope you can maintain ur integrity in the face of adversity.

consequence said...

Rant time.

Wake up lah, hello, this is the real world. People are like that mah. I used to believe in holding steadfastly to my so-called principles but not anymore.

It's a case of "if you can't beat them, join them". I've encountered much worse people. People who claim things as being done by them when it was actually done by me.

Imagine a person at work with a higher position than you, requesting you to do some stuff. To which you do enthusiastically, burning the midnight oil just to produce PERFECTION.

Then the one who asked you to do it passes it up to HER superior without acknowledging your efforts.

And you are left dumbfounded but choose to keep quiet.

And thus several lessons are learnt:

1. Integrity means jack shit;
2. "Do unto others what others did unto me". I'll do the same to MY juniors; and
3. Must remember to put my initial IN PEN (OR MARKER PEN IF NEED BE) on whatever working paper I do in the future.

Cheers!

zewt said...

sound nasty... but then again, in this life... things are always within the nasty range...

we just have to make sure we dont fall into it.

Unknown said...

take it or leave it :)

Anonymous said...

hugs. well... life it just as such. life has never been fair. but oh well... :)

iamthewitch said...

Thanks everyone for the kind comments and consolation. consequence, I'll make sure to bring a marker pen everywhere I go! *LOL*